So, this week’s beauty post, I’m going to teach you how to make your own Charcoal Face Mask, it’s super easy to make and leaves the skin feeling, and looking clean.
Some Benefits of a Charcoal Face Mask
It helps rid the skin of impurities, and toxins that are clogging the pores that create blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and things of that nature, while also exfoliating the skin and smoothing it out, while also adding a beautiful glow to the skin. If used regularly it can also help fade dark marks. another great thing about it is that it can also be used as a Face scrub, Body scrub, and not just a Facemask.
- Activated Charcoal - has been used for many years to help cleanse the body of toxins, it acts like a magnet, by pulling out impurities in the body, so when you wash it off, the dirt comes with it.
- Aloe Vera Gel- is used for many different skin problems like sunburn, moisturizer, acne treatment, fights aging, lessens stretch marks, and helps heals eczema.
- Vitamin E Oil- helps treat burns, scars, helps prevents skin cancer, treats stretch marks, eczema, psoriasis, cold sores, moisturizes the skin, anti-aging, treats sunburn, cleans the skin, treats dark marks and used as an under eye lighten, and used for eyelash growth.
- Essential Oil (Optional) I like Tea Tree
- AirTight Container- I make enough to last me for around two weeks and keep it in a glass jar to keep it fresher
- A Spoon- for mixing, and to pick up the product, the fewer fingers in the jar the better to help keep germs out
- 2 part Activated Charcoal
- 2 part Aloe Vera Gel, add more until the texture becomes like pancake batter
- 4-7 drops of Vitamin E
- 1 drop Essential Oil (optional)
How to Use
Face Mask- apply to wet skin, and with enough product in hand, apply to the skin in circular up motion, and a downward motion on the neck, and let sit for 10-15 minutes and rinse
Face Scrub- apply to wet skin, spoon a small amount into the palm of your hand, and apply to the skin in circular motion, and I downward motion on the neck, rinse off right away
Body Scrub- while in the shower apply enough for your whole body into the palm of your hand, and apply to the skin in circular motion, let sit for 5-10 minutes, and rinse
Note: It might sting a little bit when on, but that's just it cleaning the pores, that feeling will go away the more you use it, also after a day or so you might see some pimples come to the surface, but no worries that are just the mask doing its job and pulling out all the dirt and impurities. you'll see and feel brand new in no time, and one of the things I love is that you know what’s going on your face, and that's it's fresh!