So, this week’s beauty post I’m going to share with you how I make my own makeup setting spray in less than five minutes.
What is Setting Spray
Setting Spray or Finishing Spray is a liquid product designed to help preserve already applied makeup, keeping it looking fresh for longer periods of time. The formula I’ll be sharing with you can be used as a light primer, or use to touch up makeup on the go.
- Distilled Water, or Rosewater (Great if you have redness in the skin)
- Witch Hazel
- Spray Bottle
- Essential Oil (Optional)
- Label (Optional)
How to Make, Use, and Store
- Mix 1 part Water, or Rosewater, and 1 part Witch Hazel into spray bottle, and depending on size of your bottle a few drops Essential Oil (Optional), and shake well before each use
- As a primer- Shake before use, spray over the whole face, and lightly blend with makeup sponge/brush
- As a Setting/Finishing Spray- Shake and Spray over already applied makeup, can be lightly patted in needed
- As a Makeup Refresher- Shake, and spray onto the whole face, and blend into fading foundation with a make sponge.
- Skin Refresher- Shake, and spray onto bare skin, and let air dry
- Keep out of direct sunlight, as it will evaporate